Saturday, February 22, 2014

For the observant, you know that I have a particular love for Hawaii. While born in Washington State, I have considered myself a Kamaaina ( of the land), one "of" Hawaii. There is something in me that causes me to have an overwhelming sense of belonging in both Washington State and Hawaii. We most likely all have a place where that Place creates a sense of absolutely belonging and that is true for me in both places regardless of where I am at any given time. Part of that, I assume, is because I have people in both places that I love and who love me. So, while I Love both places like Linus lives his blanket, I have to say that both are home and because of that, I am always torn when I board a plane headed either direction.  I am, at this moment, trying to decide whether to buy tickets for a round trip and I'm torn more than at ant time in the past. I don't want to leave my friends and family But, I can't wait to get home to my friends and family - a cantu drum that I face often. But, regardless of what I do, nothing will change through tHe balance of my life to alter this conundrum, nothing will ever change the inner conflict nor the love that I have for family, friends and place that lives in my heart in both Wa. & Ha. Aloha to ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment