Thursday, January 2, 2014

I've been asking knowledgeable people for several years about America's drug policy and hope that  someone can help me with this one matter in particular. If there are laws prohibiting the sale and possession of controlled substances but TV advertising of controlled substances that can cause massive personal damage like death is OK. Now personally, I think that "educational" advertising of controlled substances should be allowed provided an equal sum is invested annually by those firms in  new product research in order to be able to deduct those costs as an operating expense  for tax purposes. I realize that the country has a ton of laws out of sink with reality due to the fact that we have local and federal governments that are the best that money can buy so what would I expect........... This issue is minor among the many unanswered questions I have but it just reoccurred :-) . Also, I keep seeing car ads that warn you not to do this(reckless driving) but heck, that's why I would want that car! At the end of the day, most of my questions by this time seem less likely tobe answered but my inquiries will continue. Why, because I am old so if I am going to know, I need to ask now! Earlier in life, I was too proud to ask because I really thought I either knew or thought that on my stage, I would be expected to know. Little did I realize what a tiny stage I was on! Life is fun! My life coul not be better - in part because I refuse to wallow in recalling those things that are part of my history that shouldn't be. But, they are, so now they are forgotten because I cannot correct them at this point. I am not wrapped up in my end but rather organizing my thoughts and actions for tomorrow, my tomorrow, not someone else's. With that, I need to walk my dogs - real buddies that make me think they love me every time I come in the house - might note what great thespians they are, oops, here I come......

No comments:

Post a Comment