Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wow! I love to start my thoughts with a statement of my gut feeling at the moment! And Wow does that pretty well :-)  - I hope that your life is on a similar high. I just watched the recovery of a sailer in Puget Sound this afternoon after her cat capsized. It reminded me of the time off the Big Island of Hawaii when I told a fellow guest at one of the nicer resorts that I could take him out on a small sailboat provided by the resort. We headed out and the rudder failed so I slipped over the stern with sail contRol lines in hand and acted as a human rudder and skipper managing the sails. We quickly began heading for a  breakwater that would not have provided a comfortable landing. Continuing my "multi-tasking, my fellow boater, a medical doctor newly married observed that his wife standing on shore next to mine looked a bit concerned. In fact she was imagining me taking her new doctor husband away, in a very bad sense. Eventually, I managed to land the vessel back on the Sandy beach, to the relief of all! I don't know why but that thrilling event comes back to mind frequently and because of success with much good ! I certainly hope that the two women who were dunked in Puget Sound this afternoon can find similar warmth as they recall their event 40+ years from now! Every event that I've experienced on the water has been among t
He greatest experiences of my life.
Aloha all!

No comments:

Post a Comment